Friday, March 26, 2021

Lucas Release Boost

 




Title: Lucas
Series: The Sinful Seven #1
Author: Connie Lafortune
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 18, 2021


BLURB

My face is splashed on every tabloid.
My reputation notorious.
I’m the quintessential bad-boy Rockstar whose addiction is women.
I savor a new “flavor” every night, then I cut and run with no false promises to call.

But recently, one sexy little barista has snaked into my veins. I’m craving far more than the mean cup of Joe she slings. Abby ignites a fire in my soul, making me burn for her in ways I never thought possible. I’ve been warned that love and lust are a dangerous combination.

Will Abby be my latest distraction? Or the fatal overdose of a deadly attraction?

Get swept up in the gritty world of rock-and-roll in Lucas, the first book in The Sinful Seven series sure to set your e-reader on fire!







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






PLAYLIST



EXCERPT

Now we’re back at home and we’re both too wound up to sleep. What’s a girl to do?
“There are only a few more hours before dawn, you wanna grab a bottle of champagne and go up on the roof?” Ah, I do believe my rock god is a romantic. He might not send me flowers or buy me chocolates, but it’s the little things like this that make me fall in love with him more and more every day.
“I’d love to. I’ll grab a blanket while you get the bubbly. I’ll meet you up there.” I sneak in a quick kiss before walking over to the bed to grab the comforter, toss off my shoes which are killing me, and then climb the stairs to the rooftop. It’s a bit chilly, so I wrap the blanket around me and wait for my man.
As soon as he notices me all bundled up, he asks, “You want me to get you a jacket?”
“No, silly. I have you to keep me warm.” Ah, that beautiful smile does crazy things to my insides.
“Yeah, I hope you know I’ll always keep you safe and warm, Abby.” After sitting down next to me, he hands me a paper cup. He shrugs and starts laughing. “Sorry, I don’t have any fancy champagne flutes or anything, but now that I have a steady paycheck, I’ll get some for next time.”
Abandoning the warmth of the blanket, I crawl over to him and straddle his lap. Cupping his face, I stare into those sultry eyes. “I don’t need fancy glasses or expensive clothes. I don’t even need a fancy car or a posh place to live. All I need is you, the stars, and coffee.” There’s that smile again. “I love you, Lucas. Not your money, not your fame, and certainly not your bad taste in movies. Just you.”
The bubbly’s soon forgotten when he lays me down on the blanket and slowly peels off every layer of my clothing. Which isn’t much, but it’s a slow burn nonetheless. A few minutes ago I was freezing, now I’m on fire as his gaze rakes over every inch of me. I notice the different look in his eyes now compared to earlier in our relationship. Now it’s about the love and not about the lust. Although the two go hand in hand, this is lasting, not fleeting. Lucas doesn’t realize it, but he’s come a long way and I’m so damn proud of him.
When he hovers over me for a kiss, I use this time wisely and strip him of his clothing. All he needs to do is shimmy out of his jeans and we’ll be skin on skin. And he does and we are.
My legs part, inviting him in, and he accepts the invitation with open arms by thrusting inside of me. I gasp, he moans, and our bodies move to the rhythm of our heartbeats. Lucas Pipes Knight makes love to me under a blanket of stars on a rooftop in Manhattan.
It’s not fancy. It’s perfection.






AUTHOR BIO


Connie Lafortune is a rebel, coffee addict and incurable romantic. She pens steamy contemporary romance about enemies-to-lovers, second chances, and broken heroes with plenty of angst. If she's not in her office writing her next novel, you can bet she's curled up in a comfy chair with her nose buried in a book. On the lookout for her next book boyfriend!


AUTHOR LINKS





GIVEAWAY

No comments:

Post a Comment